Notice: I've taken a part-time job, and it's definitely affecting my blogging time. I'll continue to add content here as often as possible. Pertinent guest posts are always welcome.

-

Monday, April 4, 2011

Volunteer Opportunity in Minnesota Arrowhead

Trimble GPS unit in a backpack
Howard Beye carrying a Trimble GPS unit (photo by jhy)

from Matt Davis Regional Trail Coordinator for MN & ND, North Country Trail Association

Cory Mensen, the Trails/Volunteer Coordinator (West Zone) for the Superior National Forest writes, "We do not have a survey for the Kek. I am hoping to get a good layer of the Kek this summer if I do I will let you know... If you know of someone hiking one our wilderness trails I can give them a quick training with a Trimble that we have and they can gather some useful information for all of us....

The "Kek" is the Kekekabic Trail, the western portion of the NCT route across the Minnesota Arrowhead, about 45 miles.

Matt adds: "Here is a volunteer opportunity for anyone who is interested in hiking the Kek or Border Route Trail this year. The U.S. Forest Service could really use someone detail-oriented and interested in GPS to record some data on the Trail. They'll provide the training and the GPS unit."

Contact Matt Davis Regional Trail Coordinator for MN & ND, North Country Trail Association


No comments: