Notice: I've taken a part-time job, and it's definitely affecting my blogging time. I'll continue to add content here as often as possible. Pertinent guest posts are always welcome.

-

Thursday, December 8, 2011

An October Hike in the UP

fall leaves
frosty fall leaves (photo by lily)

excerpted from Serendipitous Intentions (used with permission)

The exact location of this North Country Trail hike is not identified, but the pictures are beautiful. Go visit Lily and read the rest of her entry!

"After a short drive and vehicle staging, we were on the trail by 9:45, Dunloe in the lead, K and then me bringing up the rear. It was chilly, but beautiful...and the smell of the woods? Heavenly. I kept breathing deeply to take in more of the scent. I love the rich, heavy scent of the woods when they are wet."

"Oh yes, we went up, and then we went down and around, turning this way and that as the trail led us. The trail is well marked with blazes and we had no question about which direction to go."

This segment is on NCTA map MI-10 (I think)



No comments: